Termite Inspection in Melbourne & Victoria
Also known as white ants, termites are a common problem in Melbourne, with an infestation able to silently destroy your home. Fortunately, Fumapest Termite & Pest Control can provide termite inspection services for homes and businesses looking to prevent the devastating damage caused by these pests.
We specialise in:
- Termite / white ant inspection
- Prevention methods, including barriers and pre-construction treatments
- Eradication and removal
The Australian Standard AS:3660 recommends that a termite inspection be carried out no less than every 12 months. If you’re wondering “where can I find a company to carry out a termite inspection near me?”, turn to Fumapest. Our termite specialists can provide a regular termite check with a comprehensive termite inspection process to ensure your building is free of termites and other problematic pests.
Why Choose Fumapest for a Termite Inspection?
Our termite inspections are thorough visual inspections which cover accessible internal and external areas of the property using termite-detection equipment such as FLIR E6 Thermal Imaging, Termatrac T3i, Tramex Plus Moisture Meter, Tap Sounding Rod, and Extech Infra Red techniques.
Other reasons to choose us include:
- Our inspectors are fully qualified and insured, and offer expertise unmatched by our competitors
- We use state-of-the-art technology, such as the FLIR E6 thermal imaging camera and Termatrac T3i, to locate and establish the extent of infestations
- Our termite inspection services are backed by over 35 years of experience
- We pride ourselves on our low termite inspections cost
- All of our team members regularly attend accredited pest control conferences and seminars to ensure they are informed of the industry’s latest developments and technologies
- We have expert knowledge of termites
- We provide comprehensive reports after each termite inspection
- We can provide yearly termite inspections as well as a termite inspection for home purchase
The Termite Inspection Process
In addition to termite damage, our pest inspection technicians are constantly looking for things that could cause problems, including:
- Signs of poor drainage and ventilation
- Leaking downpipes and guttering
- Broken plumbing
- Landscaping timbers that are susceptible to termite attack
- Termite activity
- Soil levels
A consultation will cover these potential risks and many more, with comprehensive termite inspection services to identify and detect any termite activity. A typical termite inspection of an average-size Melbourne home will take approximately 1-1.5 hours.
All of our termite inspection services are carried out according to Australian standards 3660.2-2000. You will also be provided with a written Visual Timber Pest Inspection & Report, in accordance with AS 4349.3. This will contain recommendations and quotes, providing you with the best solutions for your situation.
The termite inspection report will:
- Cover any visual evidence of current and/or past timber pest activity
- Identify any timber pests
- Give you a thorough assessment of your property’s vulnerability to timber pest attack
- Provide recommendations for improving your property’s surroundings
- Give you a timber pest management plan (if necessary)
The termite / white ant inspection report will also cover all accessible areas of the building, including:
- Building interior accessible timbers – skirting boards, architraves, door frames, window frames, timber flooring and finished timbers
- Building exteriors
- Roof voids
- Garages, carport and outbuildings
- Retaining walls
- Timber decking
- Visual inspection of trees and stumps for potential live termite activity or workings
Book a Termite Inspection Today
An astonishing one in three homes is susceptible to termites, causing millions of dollars of damage every year in Victoria alone. Even worse, termite damage isn’t covered by most insurance policies.
A comprehensive termite inspection conducted by Fumapest Termite & Pest Control is the first step to ensure your home is safe from the devastating effects of termites. Call us on 1800 113 112 to speak with our friendly staff, or contact us online to receive a termite inspections cost estimate or arrange a termite check.